Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Shooting Star



My niece called me one Christmas that she had a present for me, but I had to come get it. Her step-father had brought this little snowshoe Siamese kitten home from a job site, but their dog kept trying to eat it. We weren't sure what to name her - she kept running around like a Siamese colored meteorite and Leah suggested we call her that. The ex-roommate and I said "What?" So we named her Shooting Star or Star. She's 9 now and still feral, though like Roni, we do get a pet in from time to time. We had a great escape at one point and Star wound up spending a few days outside. before we finally trapped her (Oh, the LANGUAGE!!!) Once I got her inside though, she collapsed on my bed and I got to pet her for about 20 minutes! You take what you can get with the ferals.

No comments:

Post a Comment